Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Welcome to The Warrenville Encourager.

Welcome to the Warrenville Encourager Blog.
This blog is created for Warrenville and the soul purpose to help others...

This is the time of year, when we suffer from seasonal depression.  I should know this from my own personal life.
There are things that you can do to help yourself over these times.
Here are a few suggestions that I try and follow.
Try and walk whenever you can.  Do your best to get out of the house and be active.
If you are retired, maybe you can go and visit with friends?  How about baking up some extra batches of food and deliver it to others that you know have a hard time cooking for themselves?  What about calling a neighbor that you know is working so hard and tell her that TONIGHT dinner is on you? 
Yes, I have done that with my own neighbor.  You can volunteer with many organizations.
I also have several comedies that are my favorite.  I watch them.  There is a biblical verse in proverbs that says
"A merry heart doeth good like a medicine."
Have you cleaned out that closet of yours?  Don't forget we have one of the best Resale stores here in Warrenville.  Go and take a batch of clothes that you haven't worn in over a year to bless others.  Plus, they take some nice used furniture.  Through that store last year I was able to get a wonderful couch, two end tables and two awesome lamps.   
What are some of your suggestions?  I'd love to hear what you do to help yourself?

No comments: